Thursday, August 15, 2013

Numbers Don't Lie...


So, lately my life has been doing what I call ‘the pancake’ frequently.  Something will come along that will change my course completely.  It’s cool.  I like change.  I reviewed the last 100 days and the things that happened just because I started being open for change, then just moving in faith and doing the damn thing.  It seemed like it took forever as I was going through it, but it really didn't:
  • On Day 1, I had just finished my series Me, Honestly.
  • On Day 19, I started a second job to make ends meet.  Writing became harder, blog expansion plans postponed.
  • By Day 32, I realized I was at a dead-end and needed higher paying work, started looking around town but found nothing.
  • On Day 33, I reunited with an old friend from school, asked about his thoughts on a website partnership.  He mentioned Atlanta’s job market.
  • The shit hit the fan on Day 39 when I realized I couldn’t stay at my current job, nor would I.  Started an active job search right then…in Atlanta.
  • By day 53 I had no prospects, but knew I wasn’t going to be able to work in Atlanta until I was in Atlanta.  So I gave up my apartment.  30 days to pack.
  • Day 60 – still no prospects, but delivered my job resignation anyway.
  • Day 63 – 67 – Got four interviews, web domain secured J
  • Day 78 – Interviewed with company that offered me a job on Day 99, after three rounds.

I really feel like if I’d waited one more day to start acting, I wouldn’t have had a happy ending.
So now, I just want to see what I can do over the next 100 days.  I have a couple goals that are really general, and I figure over the first couple weeks they’ll streamline themselves, just like everything else has so far.
  • Launch the damn site.
  • Get back the muscle I lost working like a donkey.  (That jiggle is neither jam nor jelly, I’m afraid.)

And yeah, I’ll write about it.  It’s what I do.

Oh, and did I mention I fell in love on day 46?

No comments:

Post a Comment